As Xiaomi said in the Launch event MIUI 9 stable rom will start rolling out in November and Now they have started rolling out for many devices. Before we start “How to download and install miui 9”, Let’s talk about its key features.
Miui 9 has got lots of improvement over Miui 8 but here we will discuss some of the features.
Here are the key features of MIUI 9
Improved System Performance:
MIUI 9 has optimized system animations and added automated tasks to clear cache, created a new file system, and redefined how MIUI handles RAM. It has also optimized New file system, Cache management, Core congestion control, Real-time defragmentation and much more to open apps faster.
Now the new Notification shade presents information in a more concise and comprehensive way. It groups all notifications on a by-app basis to reduce clutter. You can even quickly reply to messages without opening the app. Whenever an app sends multiple notifications, MIUI 9 will group them together to save the precious space in the Notification shade. If you want to find a specific notification, You just have to tap into a group.
Animated Icons :
Xiaom has customized its Icons in MIUI 9, Now the icons show an animated effect. Currently, They support 21 animated icons and later on, they will add more.
This feature is like Google devices and all other devices with stock android have. You have swipe from Left to Right to see cards as stock android devices have, and there you can see all your frequently used apps and lot more. This is the only difference in the stock Android device that you won’t see the apps there.
New Photo Editor:
Xiaomi has steadily been adding new features to its Gallery app, and MIUI 9 introduces a new photo editor with intelligent background erase. The feature lets you easily remove background elements from an image, and more often than not, it does a great job.
In MIUI 9 You’ll be able to use two screens at the same time, Which is known as a split screen. By selecting a mode button in the multitasking pane, and you can easily resize windows. This feature is already available on Android Nougat.
List of devices getting MIUI 9 update:
Mi MIX 2, Mi Note 3, Mi MIX, Mi Note 2, Mi Note, Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 4i, Mi 4, Mi 3, Mi 2, Mi Max, MiMax 2, Mi Max Prime, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 2, Redmi, Note 4G, Redmi 4, Redmi 4X, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S, Redmi 3S Prime, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime.
Update Schedule for MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM
- 1st Batch
Devices: Redmi Note 4, Mi Max 2
Date: From 3rd Nov
- 2nd Batch
Devices: Mi MIX 2, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 4, Mi 5, Mi Max
Date: From Mid November onwards
- 3rd Batch
Date: From Mid December onwards
Currently, Redmi Note 4 has got the MIUI 9 Stable Update. Click below to download MIUI 9 Rom for Redmi note 4.
Now let’s talk about How you can Install MIUI 9.
There are two methods, Which Is I am going to talk about
- Using Recovery Rom
- Using Fast boot Rom
Recovery ROM Method:
This method will only work with those devices running on stable rom. It will also work with beta rom users but you should keep in mind that it will work only when you are upgrading to the same android version.
It means that, If Your device is running on MIUI 9 beta rom with android marshmallow or lower and You try to upgrade to MIUI 9 stable with android Nougat and vice versa, It will not work. E.g – In care of Redmi 4, MIUI 9 beta rom was on android nougat and stable rom was in android marshmallow. In this case, it will not work.
Steps to Follow using Recovery Rom:-
- Download the Recovery Rom from the official website, Or click here to download rom for your concern devices. It will in .zip format.
- Once Rom is download, Copy that file to the phone internal storage.
- Open the updater app.
- Click on the Three dots Which is present on the top right corner of the updater app.
- Click on the Choose update package option and Navigate it to the rom file and select OK.
- Wait till file get decrypted and then follow the on-screen Instruction.
That’s all You have to do.
Fastboot Rom Method:
This method will work with every Rom, Either you have to install beta rom or stable rom. To use this method your device bootloader should be unlocked and you must have a PC.
Click here to know how to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi devices.
Steps to Follow after unlocking bootloader:-
- Download MI FLASH TOOL (Size: 46 MB). Devices marked with ★ are locked. Devices marked with ☆ are unlocked. If your device is unlocked, please just follow the following tutorial to complete the ROM flashing.
- Download the fastboot Rom for your concern device.
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install (if there is security warning, select ‘Run’). After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
This is How you can Flash MIUI 9 Rom on your device. If you still have doubts write it on a comment.